- Speier A.
- Pritchard S.
- Birnbaum P.
- Shea S.
- Adjusted NBAstuffer.
|Year||Games Started||Wins||Innings Pitched||Strikeouts||Wins Above Replacement (WAR)|
- Stephenson C.
- Mangin B.
- Yankee Mariano Rivera Shapiro B.
- Mangin B.
|Year||K/9||BB/9||HR/9||Fielding Independent Pitching (FIP)|
Motion Analysis and Wearable Technology
- Newcomb T.
- Communications N.B.A.
- Nathan A.M.
- ICMJE author disclosure forms
- Patient-reported outcomes in orthopaedics.J Bone Joint Surg. 2018; 100: 436-442
- Osteochondrosis of the humeral capitellum.Am J Sports Med. 1984; 12: 351-360
- Medial instability of the elbow in throwing athletes. Treatment by repair or reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1992; 74: 67-83
- Timeline for maximal subjective outcome improvement after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 2501-2509
- Professional athletes’ return to play and performance after operative repair of an Achilles tendon rupture.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 2864-2871
- Career length and performance among professional baseball players returning to play after hip arthroscopy.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 2588-2593
- Moneyball. Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 533-535
- Return to pitching after Tommy John surgery: Letter to the editor.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: NP54
- This year, Red Sox had resting players down to a science.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2018/10/03/this-year-red-sox-had-resting-players-down-science/HWdBSUpAnGN53Yznzi0S4O/story.htmlDate accessed: May 29, 2020
- Marginal gains: the rise of data analytics in sport.https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/22/marginal-gains-the-rise-of-data-analytics-in-sportDate accessed: May 29, 2020
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game. New York.W.W. Norton & Company, 2004
- A Guide to Sabermetric Research | Society for American Baseball Research.
- A major league baseball team uses operations research to improve draft preparation.Interfaces. 2012; 42: 119-130
- Assessing golfer performance on the PGA tour.Interfaces. 2012; 42: 146-165
- Optimizing the Sunday singles lineup for a Ryder cup captain.Interfaces. 2012; 42: 180-190
- Introduction to the special issue on analytics in sports, part I: General sports applications.Interfaces. 2012; 42: 105-108
- Quantifying the contribution of NHL player types to team performance.Interfaces. 2012; 42: 131-145
- The NFL’s Analytics Revolution Has Arrived - The Ringer.https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/12/19/18148153/nfl-analytics-revolutionDate accessed: May 2, 2020
- The 3-Point Revolution.
- FanGraphs. Getting Started.
- FanGraphs. FanGraphs Baseball.
- Do outcomes or subsequent injuries differ after ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction with palmaris versus hamstring autograft?.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 1473-1479
- Major League Baseball pitching performance after Tommy John surgery and the effect of tear characteristics, technique, and graft type.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 713-720
- Side of hamstring harvest does not affect performance, return-to-sport rate, or future hamstring injuries after ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction among professional baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 1111-1116
- Return to performance after ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction in Major League Baseball pitchers: A case-control assessment of advanced analytics, velocity, spin rates, and pitch movement.Orthop J Sports Med. 2021; 9
- John Smoltz: 10 memorable moments in a Hall of Fame career for Atlanta Braves pitcher.
- Smoltz, John | Baseball Hall of Fame.
- The Greatest Closer of All Time.https://bleacherreport.com/articles/853744-yankee-great-mariano-rivera-the-greatest-closer-of-all-timeDate accessed: April 29, 2020
- WAR and Relievers.
- Data analytics effects in Major League Baseball.Omega (United Kingdom). 2020; 90102001
- The Stopwatch and the Chronograph Part 1 | THE SEIKO MUSEUM.
- The Horse in Motion | 100 Photographs | The Most Influential Images of All Time.
- Comparison of a new inertial sensor based system with an optoelectronic motion capture system for motion analysis of healthy human wrist joints.Sensors (Switzerland). 2019; 19
- A Wide-Range, Wireless Wearable Inertial Motion Sensing System for Capturing Fast Athletic Biomechanics in Overhead Pitching.Sensors (Switzerland). 2019; 19
- Wearable devices for cardiac arrhythmia detection: A new contender?.Intern Med J. 2019; 49: 570-573
- Wearable inertial sensors allow for quantitative assessment of shoulder and elbow kinematics in a cadaveric knee arthroscopy model.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 2110-2116
- Wearable sleep technology in clinical and research settings.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2019; 51: 1538-1557
- High-intensity acceleration and deceleration demands in elite team sports competitive match play: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.Sports Med. 2019; 49: 1923-1947
- Global positioning systems (GPS) and microtechnology sensors in team sports: A systematic review.Sports Med. 2013; 43: 1025-1042
- Wearable performance devices in sports medicine.Sports Health. 2016; 8: 74-78
- Baseball pitchers’ perceived effort does not match actual measured effort during a structured long-toss throwing program.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 1949-1954
- Variability in baseball throwing metrics during a structured long-toss program: Does one size fit all or should programs be individualized?.Sports Health. 2019; 11: 535-542
- Effect of a 6-week weighted baseball throwing program on pitch velocity, pitching arm biomechanics, passive range of motion, and injury rates.Sports Health. 2018; 10: 327-333
- The relationship of throwing arm mechanics and elbow varus torque: Within-subject variation for professional baseball pitchers across 82,000 throws.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 3030-3035
- Exploring wearable sensors as an alternative to marker-based motion capture in the pitching delivery.PeerJ. 2019; 2019: e6365
- Catapult data takes next generation leap for NFL, NBA.https://www.si.com/edge/2016/02/23/tech-talk-catapult-data-analytics-nfl-nba-next-generationDate accessed: May 13, 2020
- Catapult Sports. Vector.
- Return to Play in Football: An Evidence-Based Approach. Berlin.Springer Nature, 2018
- Validity and interunit reliability of 10 Hz and 15 Hz GPS units for assessing athlete movement demands.J Strength Cond Res. 2014; 28: 1649-1655
- The validity and reliability of global positioning systems in team sport.J Strength Cond Res. 2016; 30: 1470-1490
- Effect of high-speed running on hamstring strain injury risk.Br J Sports Med. 2016; 50: 1536-1540
- Running exposure is associated with the risk of hamstring strain injury in elite Australian footballers.Br J Sports Med. 2018; 52: 919-928
- Maximum movement workloads and high-intensity workload demands by position in NCAA Division I collegiate football.J Strength Cond Res. 2020; 34: 1974-1981
- NFL Football Operations. NFL Next Gen Stats.
- Extracting NFL tracking data from images to evaluate quarterbacks and pass defenses.J Quant Anal Sports. 2020; 16: 95-120
- NBA announces multiyear partnership with Sportradar and Second Spectrum.https://pr.nba.com/nba-announces-multiyear-partnership-sportradar-second-spectrum/Date accessed: May 12, 2020
- Exploring game performance in the National Basketball Association using player tracking data.PLoS One. 2015; 10
- StatCast Dashboard: Exploration of spatiotemporal baseball data.IEEE Comput Graph Appl. 2016; 36: 28-37
- Influence of pitching release location on ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction risk among Major League Baseball pitchers.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 7
- Epidemiology and impact of abdominal oblique injuries in major and minor league baseball.Orthop J Sports Med. 2017; 5
- Regulating the performance of baseball bats.The Hardball Times Baseball Annual. Skokie, IL: ACTA Sports. 2014; : 1-11
- Exit speed and home runs. April 2.Accessed May 13, 2020)
- baseballsavant.com. Aaron Judge Statcast, Visuals & Advanced Metrics.https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/aaron-judge-592450?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlbDate accessed: May 12, 2020
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy